Tuesday, June 4, 2024

My Top Five News Sources

Growing up, the news was something I should have paid more attention to. However, as I got older, I started to pay more attention to what was going on in the world because I realized that this was going to be my world and the world I would have my future, so I wanted to pay attention to it so that it could become a better world. As I started to pay closer attention, I realized that not all sources I had looked at were as reliable as others, so I mainly read the following sources. 


1. ESPN 


As a Sports Media major, ESPN is a source that I often go to for game updates if I cannot watch the game, team or player statistics, or breaking news about a player. ESPN also offers predictions based on records for an upcoming game. While ESPN is one of the most extensive sports broadcasting networks, it has no bias in its articles, videos, or live broadcasts. ESPN will also save games or create series based on past athletes who have changed sports. 

2. Hartford Courant 

The Hartford Courant, which started in 1764, is a news source for breaking news, entertainment, politics, and business only for Connecticut. I prefer this source for my in-state news because while it is the most significant news source in Connecticut, it is more accurate. After all, they can go and see what is going on and do a report versus just hearing about what is happening or getting told and doing a report. 

3. NFL Website

The NFL Website is an excellent source for reading about just football and not getting any unrelated articles or videos, which will sometimes happen if on other sources that share more than just football. This source will also give you access to clips or articles only on the NFL website, which I prefer and is more interesting because it gives you more of an inside look at the teams. I also like this source because they do a series where they have a team each season, and they follow the team throughout the season during training camp, pre-season, regular season games and practices, and post-season. 





4. FOX News 

FOX News is my go-to source for world news because it has bureaus all over America. Like the Hartford Courant, it can go to the location where it is reporting, making it more accurate. Everyone at this source constantly talks and communicates to ensure they get the same information while conducting their research. FOX News also covers a wide variety of categories, not just politics. 





5. Google News 



Google News is a source where I get some of my news articles because when I go onto this source, it will show a list of articles related to what. I have looked at or based off of what I have read. Google News will also give me articles that might not be based on previous searches but are breaking news that is important to know in my state or elsewhere in the country. I also like this source because I can understand the entire story, not just bits and pieces. Some sources will cut out certain parts to make something seem better or worse than it actually is. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Living in the Age of AI

AI, a technology that has evolved significantly over the years, presents a dual nature. On the one hand, it offers numerous benefits, such a...